Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Preparing for Preemie #2

Yesterday my wife and I went to a doctor's appointment with her OB.  They result of the appointment was that they moved up her scheduled C-Section date from the Jan. 13th to 4th.  That's right - next Tuesday!!

Here's why...

For the past 5-6 weeks my wife has been on bed rest due to preterm contractions (would call it preterm labor, but she's got too good a cervix!)  She has also been on Terbutaline to help with the contractions.  As of 3-4 days ago her contractions have gotten much stronger and the Terbutaline is getting less effective every day.  This wouldn't be a big deal if it hadn't been for her uterus...

My wife has a bicornuate (heart-shapped) uterus, with a previous classical (vertical) c-section incision.  Apparently due to the vertical incision, bicornuate, and the increasing strength of the contractions they were concerned about uterine rupture.  Our 2nd son (and 2nd preemie) will be born next Tuesday, 1/4, 5 weeks premature... assuming she can make it that long.

Between now and then I have a lot of work to do! cleaning, preparing, buying last minute baby items, etc, I better go get to work!